Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hair-Be-Gone

When our girl was born, we had so many people giving us advice and telling us what was going to happen (and not happen) and how she was going to act (funny how some people think they can predict the future!). We were also constantly told that all of her hair would come out. Weeks and months went by without a hair lost and I felt we were in the clear. I flatly denied it was going to happen. I loved my baby's sweet brown locks - some of which were getting quite long! Over the last two weeks, however, at 3 1/2 months old - she has started to lose her hair. What more? It seems to be growing in lighter. Funny thing is, she started losing hair about the time my postpartum hair loss started. Like mother, like daughter, I suppose.


Here is a nice little time progression of peach's mop. The top left is from when we came home from the hospital (3 days postpartum) and the bottom right was taken two days ago. Left to right, they are in chronological order some time apart. I should add a picture of how her hair looks from the back, which is pretty funny. She's got a nickel-sized bald spot and a sort of "rat-tail" beneath it - the longest hairs on her head in a cluster. I can't wait to see how it grows in.

Edit: did I say nickel sized? Man was that the understatement of the decade.

1 comment: