Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Currently

Currently

Not the best shot but she found her feet! 1-17-13

Making me Happy: Our little rhythm. We've finally got one! Its so nice to be able to read or surf the internet for a bit when she's down for a nap. Before, I would eat around her (always getting some on her head!) and try to read/relax but that girl did not like me to sit down AT ALL if she was napping on me. Now, she is sleeping on her own (high five!) and momma gets to have some time to herself & keep her sanity.

Excited For: I have tentative plans for Thursday to see a good friend and her daughter. Her girl is three months older than our peach and its always neat to see/hear what is in store. Plus, its always great to have some adult interaction in the day.

Thinking About: I am working on two posts right now that will get posted eventually.
The first is the birth story of our daughter. I'm about a quarter of the way through and it takes a lot of patience to write. Here we are, almost 4 months out, and I am already beginning to forget some of the details. I'll blame the drugs and all the pain. Accuracy aside, it was the best day of my life.

Additionally, I am working on a "review" of sorts of a book I recently finished: Brain Rules for Baby: How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five. I will say now that I did enjoy it and hope to take a few things from the book and practice them in our child rearing. Hopefully I'll have that done by the weekend.

Reading: I just started reading Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert and so far I like it. He's got a funny way of writing that is enjoyable. It almost feels conversational. I think after I read this one I'll pick up a more fun read than something so riddled with advice, facts, and research.

Listening To: Lately we've had the Baby Einstein Pandora Radio station on but I've had to nix it. Although I loved hearing the Disney tunes from my childhood they were being played far too often and I think I may scream if I hear Belle belt out her new found feelings for the Beast. (Did she forget that he kept her father in a cellar dungeon?) I digress, we've been listening to Bowie and the Cars, too - since we don't have the TV on at all during the day (a bigger challenge than I thought it was going to be!). I was finding that, even "background" TV isn't ideal. Our television is large and you can't really miss it - when its on you can't help but look and the glazed over look my daughter would get when looking at it really perturbed me. So, radio it is!

Watching: My husband and I have gotten into The West Wing. Its currently on Netflix and since we had never seen it we thought we'd give it a shot. So far we enjoy it. Its nice to have a show we both like (this doesn't happen too too often - he's a documentary lover and I tend to love mindless television). After we get our girl down for the night, we typically fire up our AppleTV and watch an episode or two, cuddling over wine. Its not a glamorous life but its mine and I love it. 


Isn't she beautiful? 1-14-13

No comments:

Post a Comment