Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First post!

Well, here we are! 

Just a week ago we welcomed a new year and the promise of new, bright beginnings. I decided to start (re: attempt) a blog of my life, new family, and marriage. I am not sure about my intentions yet - whether or not I plan to share the blog with family and friends or to keep it to myself. First thing is first though, I need to get to writing. 


So... what's with the name?


Anyone who has maintained or started a blog knows that the first difficult choice to make is what to call it. The name is your brand - its got to be catchy, relevant, and (perhaps) memorable. See, today may be the eighth of January, but I've had the intention to start this blog for several weeks. My problem was I had no clue what to call it. Recently I landed on A Peachy Kind of Love. I knew what I wanted to write about and the title seemed to fit. You see, my main nickname for my 3 month old daughter is Peach. I thought about going the "Family name" blog route BUT, as I said before, I'm still toying with how public I wish the blog to be. I figured A Peachy Kind of Love can offer me some anonymity while still being on topic. See what I did there? Good!


...And who are you?


As for me, I am Jessica, a 26 year old stay at home mother to one BEAUTIFUL baby girl. I am also currently enrolled in a teaching licensure/masters program - though I've been on a little hiatus due to the peach's arrival. I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, watching movies,learning new things and being with friends. I've been dipping my toe into being crafty and experimenting with cooking but its a long stretch from calling them hobbies just yet. I'd like to say I enjoy writing, but the truth is, it makes me tense! I hope that I can use this blog as a means to relax and strengthen my writing abilities. 

Now that we have that out of the way... 

I hope that this blog doesn't peter off. I hope to know in the coming weeks what I wish to do with it. Private Journal.... or Public Showcase? Ah! The possibilities! For the purposes of wrapping up my inaugural post I will assume I chose the later and say I hope you stick around and enjoy our goings-on. I'm really glad you've stopped by!  

My little family, Thanksgiving 2012
 

No comments:

Post a Comment