Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday! Giants vs. the Patriots. Thought I'd have a beer for the first time in awhile (well, except for the two a few nights before.. but seriously, I had cut the beer out in preparation for TTC) but wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not. It was the first month Shane and I decided to try to get pregnant and, although my husband was confident I was, I was confident I wasn't. To be sure, I went ahead and took a test anyway so I could enjoy my beer sans guilt. I could not believe my eyes - pregnant! The first time we tried (seriously.. first time - sorry mom you had to read that). Shane was in the office, working on the computer, and I couldn't wait to show him. According to him, I pretty much thrust the test at him and screamed with glee, in fact he'd tell you he wasn't sure what was going on at first. I think my yelps were inaudible. When he finally got what I was saying we hugged and kissed each other. We were going to be parents! I had just come back home from a visit to my moms and had told her Shane and I were going to start trying. I had NO idea I was actually pregnant (or else I wouldn't have had a drink with her) - once we tested a few more times to be sure, I called my mom up and told her the good news. At first she thought I knew all along but I assured her I didn't. Later that week we had lunch with Shane's mother and spilled the beans with her.

I cannot believe its been a year - and what a year it has been! I will always hold that day close to my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment