Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Few of Our Favorite Things

I thought I'd share with you all some of our essentials. There are quite a few but these are probably my "desert island" picks.



1. Aden + Anais swaddling blankets. I have literally used these things for everything. Swaddling blankets, nursing cover, dirty clothes and breast pump parts container, tummy time blanket - you name it. These muslin blankets are ultra soft and definitely a must-have around here.
2. Tervis Tumbler. While this may not be a baby item per say it helped me more than any boppy has thus far. Not only does it keep me hydrated while breast feeding, but it also keeps my cold drinks cold and my coffee piping hot. This is essential when you don't get a lot of opportunities to visit the kitchen.
3. Moby Wrap. It's no secret how much I love our Moby wrap. It has gotten us through some rough napping periods and there is nothing like it when it comes to carrying your little one at the grocery store. Sure, it takes some serious getting used to, but before you know it, you'll be putting it on I under a minute, blindfolded. The closeness with your baby cannot be beat!
4. City Jogger - City Mini GT. one of our major splurges. This stroller has been nothing short of amazing and I cannot wait to use it even more this spring. Moving it around is a breeze and it folds up with just one hand (even my mom was amazed!) I just can't say enough about this great stroller.
5. Miracle Blanket. Although this item has been recently retired, I had to add it to my must haves. We just recently stopped swaddling since she can now roll over (only tummy to back still but I know back to tummy is coming shortly!) In those first few months not much wouldn't calm her down to rest but the miracle blanket did the trick and were sad to have to give it up.
6. White Noise. We've been using an app on my phone that gas white noise for about a month now and it has helped a lot with her sleeping. I keep meaning to download some white noise to an old iPod we have so that I can retain my phone during naps but I seem to keep forgetting. She can't sleep when it's too quiet which is good because I don't exactly have to tiptoe around.
7.Mamas & Papas Playmat & Gym. This was one item my husband was very vocal about wanting before the baby arrived. I'm not convinced that we couldn't have done without a cheaper model but our girl loves it all the same. Every few days ill change out the toys on the top bars and she will spend forever just laughing and chatting to her toys. Gives me enough time to brush my teeth and wash my face so for that reason alone it gets a gold star from me.
8. Baby Einstein Jumparoo. She was totally hesitant about this toy at a first but it's quickly become a staple in our day to day routine. When we come down the stairs in the morning, I can out her in the Jumparoo while I feed the dog, make coffee (and maybe a bagel) and she can entertain herself for a bit.


What about you - what are your "desert island" baby items??



I got the idea for this post from Here Comes Baby - Check em' out!


1 comment:

  1. I did a posting a while back about my little man's favorite baby things. :)

    http://the-sweet-side.blogspot.com/2012/10/favorite-baby-things.html

    He has a playmat and jumperoo that he loves as well. :)

    ReplyDelete