Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Up All Night

I sure have gotten behind on just about all non-essential tasks. These days I'm focusing on keeping the house somewhat in order, making sure we're all fed, and taking what little me time I get to zone out or nap.

I've been hoping for Alison's sleeping habits to improve but unfortunately they have gotten even worse and I'm depending a little more on some caffeinated assistance because of it. We're putting her down after her bedtime routine around 7pm and she wakes just about every half hour until 9 or 10 pm when she finally sleeps (her longest stretch) she gives us until maybe 1am before she's up 2 or 3 more times. I never thought I could be so tired. I know it was completely ignorant, but I thought we passed the up all the time stage (except for teething) and that we had a great little sleeper. It's been 7 weeks since she slept longer than a 5 hour stretch. It's just a phase. It's just a phase. It's just a phase.

I have a few friends who have suggested we try CIO (cry it out) methods or. Aria tons to get her to sleep longer. It just makes me uncomfortable right now and I truly think she's just too young for that. We don't jump up the second she starts fussing, but Alison has a tendency to go from 0 to 60 in no time,and,man does that girl have a set of pipes. Every few days we try to get her to tolerate longer stretches but progress seems to be inching slower than molasses. I keep telling myself that no too babies are alike and there is just no point to try to compare her habits with another child.

Needless to say this lack of sleep has me a bit cross eyed and when I DO have a moment to post, I can't think of two words to put together. I want to try harder though because these posts have served as a nice reflection on times gone by. Soon, I hope, I will regain some sanity.


What's that, a Yawn?!?! 3-6-13

No comments:

Post a Comment