Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Starting Solids

Its now been two weeks since Alison started solids and I believe she's starting to get a hang of it. So far, she's tried avocado, carrots, peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, and various combinations of them all. I decided that I wanted to give making her food a go and so far that's been manageable, too. Now that spring is in full swing I can peel potatoes in the back yard while she plays on a blanket and we listen to music. Little moments like that just warm my heart.

She appears to like everything we've given her, although it took a few tries to get her to warm up to carrots. My husband wanted to do the puree thing for a bit before we try any whole-foods. Eventually, I'd like to do a combination of the two - leaning more toward whole foods. When it comes to parenting, we all know that its a compromise of both parents' wishes and ideals. This has probably been the first decision we weren't totally on the same side so we decided to try both. Makes for a happy home. I didn't think I'd get as much enjoyment from making her food as I do and although its pureed - I can breathe a sigh of relief that I at least know its fresh.

This video of our pup Rudy licking her hands after a meal of avocado gets me smiling.


I'm waiting for her 6 month appointment (which is incredibly late this go around due to spring break) to post her stats - Last I weighed her she was 17 1/2 lbs!




I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment